This year marks my second return to the BlogWorld/New Media Expo show in New York City! Held in the Jacob K. Javits Center, BlogWorld is a digital playground for social networking and blogging fans. The three day event left me with plenty of ideas to take back and share with my colleagues, as well as with you.
Blogging was emphasized throughout the event as an important, but over looked topic! As a photographer, you can really enhance your business and your “client experience” with a Blog. As we know, this experience starts with the first conversation with your client, all the way to the ordering process and friendship you build. Blogging is a key step you can add to this process, and if you already are blogging, hopefully I can share some new ideas!
- Competitive edge. Be different than the other photographers in your area who aren’t blogging, and let it be something special you offer your clients.
- Preview your work. Blogging sneak-peeks or full write ups of your clients session is a great way to build excitement. I think we can all agree, a more enthusiastic, passionate client is going to purchase more than one who is just satisfied with their experience with you.
- Creative outlet. Share fun projects you are working on, your thoughts, experiences, and feelings. It’s a great way for your potential clients to learn more about you.
- Enhance your SEO. A blog attached to your domain name (e.g., yourdomain.com/blog or blog.yourdomain.com) can provide great search engine optimization because it contains tons of keywords such as the market you are targeting (e.g., seniors, weddings, boudoir) and the location (e.g., city name, state, town).
- Content marketing. Blogging is content marketing tool and can help draw in clients that you know are looking for a photographer like yourself! A couple of examples. Are you a senior photographer? Write about the hottest clothing trends that are popular with in your area. Wedding photographer? Give five tips to brides so they can have the perfect wedding. Fun, informative articles like this really help draw traffic to your blog, which can ultimately lead to booking clients.
- Feature your clients. Look at your blog as a place to make your clients feel like a rock star featured on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine.
There are many Blog options out there, where do I start?
I may be biased, but I think the PhotoBiz Blog Sites are a great solution. It can be integrated with your PhotoBiz account, and as with all of our products is backed by our Passionate Support team. It is easy-to-use and customizable, simply put it’s a great way to Blog!
These are just a few of the fun things I took away from BlogWorld this year. If you are interested in social media and blogging, I would definitely recommend checking out this show! Now get out there and blog!